Saturday, March 10, 2012

My Toolbox

Toolbox, 2010
My sister made this box for me when I was probably  6 or 7 years old. Made out of plywood and with a dowel handle, painted white and had my name painted in yellow on the side. I remember keeping my Hot Wheels cars in it. Later on I painted in black and used to hold art supplies. When I started etching I want a box to hold paints and finishing items so I decided to strip the paint off and stain the box and added the rope handle.

I etched the plated for the end with a image of a steam ship and the Trident logo on a piece of 4" x 4" brass. I etched it so the image/text would be raised and the background is lower, opposite of how I normally etch. I then lightly ran a polishing wheel over it to even out the finish

Steamship Plate, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment